EMDR Institute Research: This is an outstanding resource for up-to-date research related to EMDR.
EMDR Research Foundation: Promotes health and growth of human beings through the support of quality research, evidence-based practice and compassionate, well-informed clinicians.
**The following are only a sample of additional research studies related to EMDR. Full citations are available by following the links. This listing is not intended to be construed as endorsement of any specific author or study, nor is it intended to serve as a comprehensive review of available research.
General Comparative / Efficacy Studies
- Comparison of two treatments for traumatic stress: a community-based study of EMDR and prolonged exposure. (2002)
- EMDR and the Treatment of Complex PTSD: A Review (2009)
- SAMHSA NREPP Informational Resource on EMDR (2012)
- Comparison of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy, cognitive behavioral writing therapy, and wait-list in pediatric posttraumatic stress disorder following single-incident trauma: a multicenter randomized clinical trial. (2017)
Comparison of Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as Adjunctive Treatments for Recurrent Depression: The European Depression EMDR Network (EDEN) Randomized Controlled Trial (2018)
- The Use of Eye-Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy in Treating Post-traumatic Stress Disorder-A Systematic Narrative Review. (2018)